Advantages of High Power Pulsed Magnetron Sputtering Technology (HIPIMS)
● The conventional DC magnetron impulse power is limited by the thermal stress of the target.
● Most of the ion collisional energy can directly convert to thermal energy of the target.
● The pulsed magnetron power source ensures high pulse power and low duty cycle.
● The pulsed magnetron power source can directly replace DC magnetron sputtering power source.
Comparison between High Power Pulsed Magnetron Sputtering Discharge and DC Magnetron Sputtering Discharge
Features of High Power Pulsed Magnetron Sputtering Discharge
Features of Dc Magnetron Sputtering Discharge
Cathode discharge voltage is 500~2000 V,
current density is up to 3~4A/cm2.
The magnetic field intensity is 0.01~0.05 T while the working voltage is 300~700 V under the typical DC magnetron sputtering working pressure (1~10 mTorr).
The electron density near the substrate surface: 1018 ~1019 m-3
The electron density near the substrate surface: 1015 ~1016 m-3
Power density: 1~3kW/cm2
Low ionization rate (~1%) of the target during sputtering.
Inert gas ions are in the majority
Duty cycle :1%~10%
Additional auxiliary ionization equipment (RF of microwave) is needed.
Features of High Power Pulsed Magnetron Sputtering Power Supply
● The positive and negative electrode discharge is controlled by high-speed switch to avoid it entering arc discharge area from abnormal glow discharge area of the traditional magnetron sputtering. The current density is up to 1018- 1019/ m3, which is extremely higher than the traditional magnetron sputtering. And with extremely high ionization rate of 80%-99%, it can easily deposit a variety of advanced films with strong adhesion.
● High power pulsed magnetron sputtering power provides more excellent film characteristics in terms of film consistency, hardness, wear resistance and adhesion.
● With high impulse power and low duty cycle, high power pulsed magnetron sputtering power supply can replace DC magnetron sputtering power source directly without changing the original magnetron sputtering coating equipment.
● The PHP arc suppression technology makes sure that users can control the quality of the film more convenient in the process of surface treatment. With the features of voltage stabilization and ideal coup de foue, the power supply can effectively inhibit the arcing on the workpiece surface, and significantly improve the production yield, surface fineness and film adhesion of the plating pieces.
● The high power pulsed magnetron power supply adopts advanced high-frequency inverter switching power source technology and high power IGBT power module
● Using the touch screen microcontroller, the power supply is highly integrated and powerful with easy operation. The display of current and voltage is very clear and intuitive. Also, it supports multi-channel high-speed counting and high-speed pulse function.
● The power supply has the protective functions for over-current, over-voltage and over temperature.
● The power supply can communicate with the host computer through the digital ports such as RS232, RS485, WIFI and so on, which expands its control function.
Input Power & Frequency (V/Hz) Three Phase And Four Wire
Output Current Range (A)
Accuracy For Constant Voltag and Constant Current
Rated Output Voltage (DCV)
Maximum Average power (KW)
Peak power (KW)
Duty cycle (%)
External Dimensions (MM)
Enclosure Protection Class
Constant Voltage, Constant CurrentAnd Constant Power Modes are Optional.
This Series Products all Adopt the Touch Screen Microcontroller
Comparison between the High-Power Impulse Magnetron Sputtering Power Source EP50A80H and Other Products
High-Power Impulse Magnetron Sputtering
Max Average Power
Advantages of High-Power Pulsed Magnetron Sputtering Power EP50A80H
● High reliability
EP50A80H provides more excellent film characteristics in terms of film consistency, hardness, wear resistance and adhesion.
● Excellent arc suppression technology
EP50A80H adopts PHP arc suppression technology, so users can conveniently control the quality of the film in the process of surface treatment to get better film structure.
● High power-to-volume ratio
High power volume ratio makes the integration of equipment installation easier for users.
High power MF magnetron sputtering power source is widely used in plasma, physical, chemical, medical and various scientific research fields, it can meet a wide range of process requirements especially in vacuum coating equipment.