The types of optical glass and coating methods are introduced
Glass as a kind of older material, not only can be used in the field of architecture, art, now also often used in medical treatment, instrumentation and other aspects. Different types of glass have different properties and must be paid attention to when using. However, most people do not know enough about glass, often causing some misunderstanding and trouble. In this article, we will analyze the different types of optical glass and introduce several coating methods for glass surface.
What are the different types of optical glass？
1. Colorless optical glass
There are specific requirements for optical constants, such as high transmittance in the visible region and no selective absorption and coloring. According to the size of the abbe number is divided into corona type and flint type glass, each kind is divided into several kinds according to the refractive index height, and according to the refractive index size in order to arrange. A lens, prism, or reflector used mostly as a telescope, microscope, or camera.
2. Anti-irradiation optical glass
There are high lead glass and CaO-B2O2 system glass, the former can prevent gamma-ray and X-ray radiation, the latter can absorb slow neutrons and thermal neutrons, mainly used in the nuclear industry, medical field as shielding and peepholic window materials.
3.radiation resistant optical glass
In a certain gamma-ray, X-ray irradiation, visible area transmittance change is less, the type and grade of colorless optical glass is the same, used in the production of high-energy irradiation optical instruments and peep window.
4.color optical glass
Also known as filter glass. It has selective absorption and transmission properties for specific wavelengths in ultraviolet, visible and infrared regions, and can be divided into three categories according to spectral characteristics: selective absorption type, cut-off type and neutral gray type. According to the coloring mechanism, it can be divided into ion coloring, metal colloid coloring and thioselenide coloring.
5. Ultraviolet and infrared optical glass
In the ultraviolet or infrared band has a specific optical constant and high transmittance, used for ultraviolet, infrared optical instruments or as window material.
6. Optical quartz glass
Silicon dioxide as the main component, with high temperature resistance, low coefficient of expansion, high mechanical strength, good chemical properties and other characteristics, used in the manufacture of various bands through the special requirements of prism, lens, window and mirror.In addition, there are optical mask plate, liquid crystal display panel and image optical disc plate glass used in lsi manufacturing. A magneto-optical glass in which the plane of polarization rotates when light passes through the glass along the direction of magnetic force line. When light passes through the glass transmitting ultrasonic wave in a certain direction, diffraction, reflection, convergence or frequency shift of light occur.
There are several methods of coating glass surfaces：
Coating is the coating of a very thin transparent film on the surface to reduce the emission of light. There are many production methods of coated glass, including vacuum magnetron sputtering, vacuum evaporation, chemical vapor deposition and sol-gel method.
1. Magnetron sputtering coated glass can be designed and manufactured with multi-layer complex film system by using magnetron sputtering technology. It can be plated with a variety of colors on the white glass substrate.
2. Compared with magnetron sputtering coated glass, the quality and variety of vacuum evaporation coated glass are inferior to that of magnetron sputtering coated glass, which has been gradually replaced by vacuum sputtering.
3. Chemical vapor deposition (CVD) is a process in which reaction gas is injected into the floating glass production line and decomposed on the hot glass surface. The method is characterized by low equipment investment, easy control, low product cost, good chemical stability and hot processing, which is one of the more promising production methods.
4. Sol-gel method for producing coated glass is simple and stable, but its disadvantage is that its light transmission ratio is too high and its decoration is poor.
optical glass coating machine,IKS-OPT2700,More details,contact:firstname.lastname@example.org