Ion source can not be polluted ! Detailed resolution of the ion source cleaning steps!
One.ion source cleaning preparation
1. Disassemble the ion source according to the hardware instructions.
2. It is important that all ceramic plates, inlet and ionic focusing mirror insulators, ionic heating blocks, all nuts and filaments should be placed on a clean, non-fibrous sheet of material (such as solvent-washed or flame-treated tin foil) and avoid contact with any solvent.
3. Separating the metal elements helps to clean the ion source more easily.
Two.Ion source cleaning method and steps
Method 1: use sandpaper to clean the ion source.
Method two: professional cleaning cleaning ion source. The specific steps are as follows:
1. Add deionized water to a small amount of ultrafine powder, and mix ultrafine aluminum powder into a uniform thick slurry.
2. Apply a small amount of ultrafine aluminum paste to the metal component surface with a cotton swab. Friction removes material from the surface layer and a smooth metal surface is obtained.
Cleaning EI and CI ion source, cleaning the filament hole is also very important. Use a wooden toothpick to apply the ultrafine aluminum paste to the hole, and remove the ultrafine aluminum paste from the filament hole before the end of the ion source cleaning process.
The most susceptible components are ion streams, repulsion poles, and pull-out lenses. Care must be taken in cleaning these parts.
3. Rinse all parts with deionized water. Remove the ultrafine aluminum powder as much as possible.
4. Place all washed parts in the beaker, add deionized water to soak all parts, and ultrasonic cleaning for 5 minutes.
5. Carefully remove the parts from the beaker containing water using metal tweezers and immerse them in a beaker containing methanol (pesticide grade or HPLC grade). Ultrasonic cleaning for 5 minutes.
6. Using metal tweezers, carefully remove parts from a beaker containing methanol and immerse them in a beaker containing acetone (pesticide grade or HPLC grade). Ultrasonic cleaning for 5 minutes.
7. Carefully remove components from a beaker containing acetone using metal tweezers and immerse them in a beaker containing hexane (pesticide grade or HPLC grade). Ultrasonic cleaning for 5 minutes.
8. Carefully remove the parts from the beaker containing hexane using metal tweezers and place them on a clean piece of tin foil or fiber-free paper towel. Assemble the parts carefully according to the instructions. Check the filament. If any breakage is found, replace it immediately. Carefully inspect the ceramic plate on the repulsion pole to ensure no cracks, which are usually caused by excessive tightening.
9. Immediately reinstall the ion source back to the mass spectrometer. There is no need to bake the ion source in a column oven. After cleaning with acetone, the ion source should be very dry. After cleaning with rapidly volatile hexane, the ion source should be free of organic matter. Only the residues in the cleaning solvent you use may remain, which is why a high purity solvent is required.
Three.Ion source cleaning precautions
1. Specific cleaning methods and procedures of ion source shall be carried out according to different instrument models.
2. For those who have not cleaned the ion source for the first time, it is better to operate by professional engineers, and provide relevant guidance in the later stage.
Instrument step reference
LESA natrium ion source spray robot
march B - 400 homogeneous
CUBE meter ID ™ ion source
DART real-time analysis and mass spectrum ion source directly
X - act 10 was SDD electric refrigeration energy spectrometer
IKS PVD,Multi arc ion coating machine,coating Tools,mold,die-casting,punches,forming tools,contact:firstname.lastname@example.org