Advantages of thermal conduction vacuum gauges
1. The thermal conduction vacuum gauge reflects the full pressure, that is, the true pressure of the tested container.
2. The thermal conduction vacuum gauge can measure continuously and support remote-reading.
3. The thermal conduction vacuum gauge has simple structure and it is easy to manufacture.
4. Even if suddenly encounter the atmosphere, the heat transfer vacuum gauge will not be burned.
Disadvantages of thermal conduction vacuum gauges
1. The calibration curve varies with the type of gas, so the calibration curve for air can not be directly used for other gases.
2. The thermal conduction vacuum gauge has the thermal inertia for measuring. The temperature change of the hot wire often lags when the pressure changes, and the reading also lags behind for some time.
3. The thermal conduction vacuum gauge is affected seriously by of the outside temperature, so the gauge should be installed in a place that is not susceptible to radiation or convection heat.
4. Because of serious aging, it must be calibrated regularly.