Magnetron sputtering target is a vacuum coating mechanical parts, and also a power electronic components. From the perspective of the use of the target power supply, we are more concerned about its electrical performance.
1. According to mechanical structure
According to the mechanical structure and target shape, magnetron sputtering target are mainly divided into plane (rectangular or circular) magnetron targets, coaxial coercive magnetron targets, ring-shaped conical magnetron target (S gun) and several others.
2. According to planar target materials
The planar target is divided into planar rectangular magnetron target, planar circular magnetron target, and arc-magnetron dual-purpose composite structure planar target.
3. According to the magnetic field
(1) Magnetron targets can be classified into permanent magnets and electromagnets depending on the formation mode of the magnetic field.
(2) According to the difference in the arrangement and distribution position of the magnetron target in the vacuum chamber and the difference in distribution status of magnetic poles and magnetic lines, it can be divided into balanced magnetron sputtering and unbalanced magnetron sputtering (unbalanced magnetron sputtering can make plasma extend away from the target surface to improve the surface film layer quality and large-area ion deposition effect of the profiled workpiece.) The multi-target closed magnetic field unbalanced magnetron sputtering system can obtain high deposition rate and higher quality thin film.
(3) The unbalanced magnetic field of the magnetron sputtering target can be obtained not only by changing the size and strength of the inner and outer permanent magnets, but also by two sets of electromagnetic coils, or using a mixed structure of electromagnetic coils and permanent magnets, and also add additional solenoids between the cathode and the substrate to change the magnetic field between the cathode and the substrate and control the ratio of positive ions and atoms in the deposition for best results.