Compared with the evaporation coating machine and the sputtering coating machine, the ionization coating machine is characterized by the fact that the charged ions bombard the substrate and the film layer while depositing. The series of effects produced by the energetic ion bombardment has the following main points:
1. The film/base bonding force (adhesion) is strong and the film layer does not fall off easily. Due to the sputtering effect of the ion bombardment on the substrate, the substrate is cleaned, activated and heated, which can remove the adsorbed gas and contamination layer on the surface of the substrates, and the oxide on the surface of the substrate can also be removed. The heating and defects caused by ion bombardment can enhance the diffusion effect of substrate. It not only improves the microstructure and crystallization properties of the substrate surface layer, but also provides the conditions for the alloy formation. In addition, higher energy ion bombardment can also produce certain ion implantation and ion beam mixing effects.
2. The ion coating machines has good diffraction properties. In the lamp coater, the ions or molecules of vaporized ionized vapor at high pressure (≥1Pa) will encounter multiple collisions of gas molecules on the way to the substrate. Therefore, the film particles can be scattered around the substrate. This improves the coverage of the film. Moreover, ionized membrane ions of a multi-arc ion coater can also be deposited by the power plant at any position on the surface of a negative voltage substrate. Therefore, this point of evaporation plating cannot be achieved.
3. The coating quality is high. As ion bombardment can increase the density of the film, the sputter coating machine can improve the structure of the film, which makes the film well uniformity, the coating microstructure is compact, and fewer pinholes and bubbles. Therefore, the quality of the film layer is improved.
4. The deposition rate is high and the film formation speed is fast, and the thick film of 30 μm can be prepared.
5. The substrate material and coating material applied to coating are relatively extensive. It is suitable for coating metal, compound and non-metallic materials on metal or non-metal surfaces, such as steel, non-ferrous metals, quartz, ceramics, plastics and other materials. Because the plasma activity is beneficial to reducing the synthesis temperature of the compound, the multi-arc ion coating machine can therefore easily plate with various hard compound films by ion plating.
Because of the above characteristics, the ion plating machine has a wide range of applications. Ion plating technology can be used to coat metals, alloys, conductive materials and even non-conductive materials. The film deposited by a multi-arc coating machine can be a metal film, a multi alloy film and a compound film, which can be plated with a single coating or a composite coating, and can also be plated with a gradient coating and a nano-multilayer coating. With different membrane materials, different reaction gases and different process methods and parameters, it is possible to obtain a surface-hardened hard wear-resistant coating, compact and chemically stable corrosion resistant coating, solid lubricating layer, and various color decorative coatings, and special functional coatings for electronics, optics, and energy science and so on. The ion plating technology and ion plating coating products have been widely applied.